Do you need ample seating for your large group of loved ones or unrelenting power to tow your equipment on the weekend? Two of your best options are the 2017 Ford Explorer XLT and 2017 Ford Edge SEL, both of which are available at Chino Hills Ford. Exceptionally versatile, incredibly powerful, and jam-packed with convenience features, both Ford models can handle your loved ones and hefty materials for any occasion.
Do you already find the 2017 Ford Edge or 2017 Ford Explorer tantalizing? Browse our vast inventory and schedule a test drive with our dealership in Chino, CA!
2017 Ford Edge vs. 2017 Ford Explorer: Engine Specs
For quick acceleration and advanced towing capabilities, the 2017 Ford Explorer is the perfect option. However, if you need a compact SUV with enough oomph for day-to-day tasks and occasional weekend getaways, the new Ford Edge will deliver the performance and drivability you require. Its engine is also more fuel efficient, reducing the stops you make at the pump. View the data below and decide which engine option suits your needs.
2017 FORD EDGE SEL
2017 FORD EXPLORER XLT
2.0L EcoBoost® I-4
3.5L Ti-VCT V6
245 HP @ 5,500 RPM
290 HP @ 6,500
275 lb.-ft. @ 3,000 RPM
255 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 RPM
CITY/ HIGHWAY MPG
Six-speed SelectShift® Automatic
MAX TOWING CAPACITY*
*When properly equipped
2017 Ford Edge vs. 2017 Ford Explorer: Versatility & Convenience
Both the new Ford Edge and Explorer provide configurations and ample cargo space for you, your passengers, and your gear. Considering that the 2017 Explorer SUV is bigger than the Edge crossover, the Edge SEL holds its own in versatility and convenience options in comparison to the Explorer XLT.
- The Ford Explorer offers up to 5 cu.-ft. of total volume in contrast to the Edge's 113.9 cu.-ft. total volume.
- The Explorer's 60/40 split flat-folding second row bench seat doesn't recline. The Edge's does.
- Roof rails come standard on the new Explorer, while they're only an option for the Ford Edge.
- Remain comfortable to your specifications thanks to the Edge crossover's Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC) and 10-way power driver's seat. The Explorer XLT offers a manual single-zone climate control.
- The Ford Edge seats up to five while the Ford Explorer seats up to seven.
2017 Ford Edge vs. 2017 Ford Explorer: MSRP & Financing
Before discussing the finance or lease options that will fit the Ford Edge SEL's $31,790 starting MSRP or the Explorer XLT's $33,775 starting MSRP into your budget, there are a few things you can do on your own to expedite the process.
- If you are unsure of your credit score, use our credit estimator without affecting your score.
- Value your trade with our dealership by clicking here.
- Are you still deciding whether to finance or lease your new Ford model? Find out about the pros and cons of both here.
- If you're ready to get preapproved, complete our online finance application.
If you have further inquiries about how our Ford dealership in Chino, CA can help you find financing, reach out to our finance experts through our online form.
Schedule a Test Drive at Chino Hills Ford!
Does the 2017 Ford Explorer offer the towing power and cargo space needed to haul your friends and hiking gear? Is the 2017 Ford Edge the comfortable crossover SUV you and your family need to endure long road trips? Schedule a test drive at Chino Hills Ford! Simply complete our online contact form or give us a call at (866) 261-0153 and a representative will confirm your appointment shortly.