With over 26 million trucks sold since 1977, the Ford F-150 has been America's best-selling truck for 40 consecutive years. Now in its 13TH generation, the full-size pickup truck is better than ever, offering legendary fuel efficiency and capabilities. Learn more about why the iconic F-150 available at our Ford dealership in Chino, CA is such a privilege to own by reading about its history and capability below.
History of the Ford F-150
Since its debut, the Ford F-150 has provided the durability and power America has come to admire. Venture through thirteen generations of innovations that came with the F-150 with our timeline below.
F-150 Innovations and Highlights:
- 1975: The F-150 debuted, filling a gap between the F-100 and F-250. This year the F-150 accounted for one-third of F-Series sales.
- 1984: F-150 replaces F-100 as the base model and added improved safety features and a new center console.
- 2011: EcoBoost® engine technology offered for F-150.
- 2015: F-150 gets a new military-grade, aluminum-alloy body, improving fuel economy while offering undiminished durability.
- 2016: F-150 is the only full-size pickup truck to earn a Top Safety Pick from the IIHS and a 5-star rating from the NH
Why Choose the Ford F-150?
As the best-selling vehicle in the U.S., a three-time Kelly Blue Book Best Buy award winner, and the most capable truck in its class, the question is, "Why wouldn't you choose a new Ford F-150?" Since Ford replaced its steel body with an aluminum alloy, this exceptional pickup truck offers stellar fuel economy without sacrificing its high tow and payload ratings. Whether you need to haul the family boat or equipment on the jobsite, the following available features will help you get the job done.
- BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert and Trailer Coverage
- BoxLink™ system
- Integrated tailgate step
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist
- 4x4 drivetrain
Ford F-150 for the Commercial Buyer
If your business needs access to advanced features, several cab-to-box and drivetrain configurations, and to tow up to 12,200 lb., your search ends here. If you want to learn more about what the 2017 F-150 has to offer, read our model review.
Though the F-150 is highly capable without any modifications, upfit packages are available to make your new Ford pickup truck function to your and your crew's exact needs. Additional interior and exterior customization options will keep you organized and help your workday run more smoothly.
Available F-150 Models
If the F-150 sounds like the powerhouse you need to complete your daily routine, schedule a test drive at Chino Hills Ford. After browsing through the F-150 trim levels & finding your favorite F-150 in our new inventory, make an appointment through our online form or by calling (866) 261-0153. Don't forget to ask about upfit packages to make the F-150 fit your exact needs.