Are you looking for a new SUV capable of handling your family's daily routine? The 2017 Explorer XLT and 2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1 are two outstanding mid-sized SUVs to consider Both offer three rows of seating, numerous safety features, and comfortable driving experiences, but what makes them different? Continue reading to learn more.
2017 Ford Explorer vs. 2017 GMC Acadia: Which SUV performs better?
There's no competition between the Ford SUV and GMC SUV because the Explorer XLT delivers more muscle and capabilities than the Acadia SLE-1. In addition to being more brawny, the new Explorer handles better because of its heavy steering, which provides a more controlled driving experience than the GMC Acadia. See for yourself why the Ford Explorer I4 engine has the power your family needs.
Ford Explorer XLT
GMC Acadia SLE-1
2.3L EcoBoost® I4
280 HP @ 5,600 RPM
194 HP @ 6,300 RPM
310 lb.-ft. @ 3,000 RPM
190 lb.-ft. @ 4,400 RPM
19 MPG city
27 MPG highway
21 MPG city
26 MPG highway
Max. Towing Capacity*
*When properly equipped
2017 Ford Explorer vs. 2017 GMC Acadia: Which SUV has the best interior design & technology?
Both the new Ford Explorer and GMC Acadia provide seating for up to seven passengers, however the Explorer XLT is more versatile, spacious, and high-tech. Read the list below to find out exactly why a Ford Explorer from our dealership in Chino, CA is superior to the GMC SUV.
- 60/40 split 2nd row and 50/50 split 3rd row seating can fold down to create up to 81.7 cu. ft. of cargo volume. The Acadia doesn't offer as much cargo space.
- The Explorer XLT will keep you comfortable for longer thanks to its 10-way power driver's seat and 6-way power passenger's seat. The GMC SUV only offers manual seat adjustments for the front row.
- A 9-speaker audio system is available with the Ford Explorer while the GMC Acadia is only available with a 6-speaker system.
2017 Ford Explorer vs. 2017 GMC Acadia: Which SUV offers the most safety?
Both the 2017 Ford Explorer and GMC Acadia have safety systems that automatically call for emergency services in the event of a collision, but the SOS-Post Crash Alert System™ available with the Explorer provides capabilities that are more helpful than the Acadia's OnStar response system.
- Hazard lights are automatically turned on if an airbag is deployed or seat belt pre-tensioners are activated.
- The doors are automatically unlocked to make exiting easier.
- The horn is automatically sound to help alert passing drivers.
Finance or Lease a 2017 Ford Explorer
The helpful staff at our Ford dealership wants you to drive off the lot in a new Explorer. When you finance from Chino Hills Ford you will receive nothing less than superior customer service. We even have factory-direct incentives to help the $31,660 starting MSRP fit your budget! When you've found the perfect 2017 Ford Explorer in our inventory, contact us by calling (866) 422-5718 to learn all about your auto financing options.